Thursday, November 25, 2010

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?

Happy Thanksgiving Foto Fans!

Clemens in his studio
So let me ask you this, are you still stuffed, like that turkey sitting on your table earlier today? I know I am! I am also thankful for not only today, but everyday that I am still here upon the Earth created by God above, able to do what I love; chase light. I am also thankful I was able to bring a new friend to dinner today, Clemens Weiss. A fellow artist, currently visiting Milwaukee and REDLine as a on-site guest artist for 3 months, joined my family for dinner today! Clemens is German born and currently lives in New York and has never had the opportunity to experience Thanksgiving quite the way my family does it (I'm guessing the food). Nevertheless, he loved my mom's cornbread dressing, went back for seconds, took a dogie bag home and seemed to enjoy the Cowboys vs Saints football game that played on the TV (BTW Saints 27-Cowboys 20)!
Clemens' studio and work
It made me proud to see my family embrace him like he was one of our own. Several questions about his background, life as an artist and just how he made his way to the States, let alone Milwaukee, continued for several hours. And Clemens, of course, was more then willing to share.

A part of our family tradition, is to go around the family circle and everyone share what they are currently thankful for. Clemens offered the joy of being with my family and sharing such an important meal in our country's history with us. As for myself, well, I shared my thankfulness rests in opportunity. Opportunity you may ask; seems odd? Well, think about it. We all are given opportunities, but each day we have the CHOICE to accept the opportunity given, reject it, or ignore it all together. I do realize there are some opportunities that need to be both rejected and or ignored, and so we do... but for myself, I chase, like the light, the opportunities that enhance the person I am today. That add to my character and build me as a human, a woman, and an artist, so that I may add to the world around us, created by the God above. So Fans... what are you thankful for?

2 comments:

  1. I'm thankful to have met such a gifted young woman as yourself. Continue chasing the Light and the light. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for your comment Wisdom, Virtue, and Rubies! I am also thankful. And so, the chase, on both fronts, continues!

    ReplyDelete