Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Take 6

Hello Foto Fans!

I just concluded a meeting with Della Wells. Ms. Della is the curator for the group show I am participating in opening January 21st. During the course of our meeting, she had the opportunity to peruse through several of my pieces. She continuously said, "Show me everything, everything!" As I pulled out one series sample, she would request to see the complete series, "Everything." WOW what  an awesome feeling. Someone that was really curious about my work, the process in which it is created and the value of my voice and what I had to say.

And with that she selected 6 pieces for the exhibition at the Peltz Gallery. A piece from my glass series (a diptych), two pieces of the hair series on handmade paper, a photographic transfer, and a screen print (hanging in the space as a current work in progress! Which means I need to finish it...) I won't be including any photos of the work just yet, you'll have to come to the opening!

Joining me in the exhibition will be: Reginald Baylor, Portia Cobb, George Williams, Jr, Allison Sawyer, Kevin Boatright, George McCormick, Evelyn Terry and the list goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment