Friday, November 19, 2010

Ms. Angie

                                        Greetings Foto Fans!
I just finished shooting a beautiful young lady named Angie! As I am known to do,
I approached Angie one day when I was leaving a small business and she was walking in. Her smile and more importantly her HAIR caught my eye!

For the past 2-3 years I have been capturing the essence of people's lovely locks, on film, in an effort to respond to the dialogue that takes place as we make assumptions about a person. You know, we all do it...
Daily each of us steals moments of observation which create an external perception of individuals around us. What we fail to realize is often times these same individuals are doing their best to share or hide an internal perspective. Hence this project. My attempt: capture the internal perspective.

Two from this series currently rest in the collection of University of Wisconsin Milwaukee. I am extending the series by seeking new "models." As a matter of fact, I have three more folks lined up that I hope to capture prior to Christmas. Included in this post are two image samples from today's shoot. I look forward in seeing the final results as I add her into the collection. The entire series will be on display at the Jazz Gallery during my solo show, opening in February.

So for the rest of the evening I am heading over to the Milwaukee Art Museum for MAM after dark! I have several artsy folks I know who will be showing this evening. I am glad to offer my support! Next week, I will be shooting a Dad and his two daughters in a local park. That will be loads of fun and maybe a little cold, hummm. As you know, follow  me and you can show your support too! Twitter @FotoFans


No comments:

Post a Comment