Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Growing a Tree...

Greetings Foto Fans!

This morning I was able to have another volunteer for my "hair series," which I have decided to stop calling it this, since it really isn't about the hair (which I realize with these samples probably doesn't help my argument), but more or less capturing the internal perspective of the model, as reflected by the external perceptions of the viewer. So, from here forward it will be referred to as my Perspective Series. (Please make a note!) Since we got that out the way... Let me tell you about today's shoot!

I met this young man at the Milwaukee Art Museum! While making my way through the space, I spotted him, with locs flowing literally to his hind parts. I said to myself, "I have to have him for my series!" Mind you, I just was talking with my mentor earlier in the week about a person with super long locs, that I can create my own "tree" with! Being a fellow artist, he happily agreed to help me out. YES!

As always, I include a few images from the shoot, but to see the final selections, including my "trees...," you must come to my solo exhibition at the Jazz Gallery, opening in February, called.... That's Right ...Perspective. In the mean time... You can always follow me on Twitter @FotoFans

No comments:

Post a Comment