Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Favorite...

Hello Foto Fans,
If you take the time to speak with any photographer (artist) each will tell you they have a favorite shot (image) that they love. Be it from a recent photo session or a pattern they start with and build from or favorite image by a colleague past or present...

Photo by Laci Coppins
For me, its my love of the black and white image! Often described as classic, traditional or timeless it is all of these things and might I add... PURE. And yes, while I have my digital cameras which can do a whole lot of fancy things, I still find myself, going back to my analogue friend. Unwrapping a new roll of film, placing into my camera with the internal knowing of careful image selection, because your options are limited to 36 exposures; make them count!

I recently mailed my holiday post cards to past collectors, galleries and patrons. I ensured the image used had no detailing, so it can remain long after the holidays should they choose...  Believe it or not, I used two different images, because I couldn't quite decide. Nevertheless, one is color and one black and white, my favorite... what do you think!? Would you like to receive a post card for your wall? Follow me on Twitter@FotoFans and we can go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment