Saturday, December 4, 2010

Point of Reflection

Greetings Foto Fans!
Well, it has been a long week and that is an understatement! I once heard it said or read somewhere, "Life is too short to learn from your own mistakes." Well, here is one of mine to learn from.

On Friday I had an initial meeting with a new gallery. Prior to, I worked diligently to ensure my materials were in order. CV, bio, exhbition sample card, business card, and of course the cute fit! But in all the review and review again, I failed to catch a HUGE error on my CV. It is the process that once a new show is booked, you place it on your CV, even if it has not occurred. Well, I listed each show for 2011 and to be sure and keep everything aligned I did the 'copy and paste.'

As the galleriest reviewed my information she began to ask clarifying questions. Apparently, I accidentally placed the current gallery on the listing for both 2011 and 2010. The title of the shows correct, the medium all correct, BUT the gallery spaces... W-R-O-N-G, WRONG!  I listed their space for a previous show, when this will be the first time in this gallery. um, Rock for one please... wishing I could crawl and never return, all I could do was excuse the mistake, offer to take the CV, make the correction and email the correct one.

So here is the lesson learned, while you may proof read again, again, and did I mention AGAIN... just like Mrs. McNabb (my 7th grade English teacher from Australia ) use to tell me, ask another friend to read it for you! Lesson learned? ... you tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment